Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Ceiling Fiasco


My lovely front door....and the gigantic, gaping hole in the ceiling right above it.

It all starts in the laundry room. It is right above the hole in the ceiling.

A really great washer and dryer were found on craiglist. The Clarkes were good enough to ruin their Saturday and spend it going to get the washer and dryer and setting them up in my house.

It all should've been pretty fool proof, but I just had to set them up. That was my problem.
I left a hose disconnected and then because I did that it caused a few...hiccups in everything working correctly.

Any leaks that I may have been responsible for should've been fine if I just pushed the water down the drain because drains take care of excess water. Except when the drain drains into your ceiling.

There was a few inches of drain pipe missing!

I found this out right before I had all the Clarkes and a plumber come back to my house to help me figure out what the problem was. I took my husband's wise advice and poured some water (ok, so about a gallon) down the drain to see if I could tell where it was coming out.

I heard the water rushing down the wall and splashing onto the ground before I ever saw it. Wish I hadn't used so much water to find the problem.

Wesley saved the day and connected the pipe together with a lot of glue and some piping. Now that Bryce is home, he is fixing the washer. Hopefully we get everything working properly and I can start to do wash at my own house without worrying about what part of the walls or ceiling is going to be trashed next.

Looking on the bright side, I am getting dang good at repairing walls. Becky actually is, but I make a great project supervisor!

1 comment:

the-richardson-family said...

It is nice to know we aren't the only ones having house issues...and CONGRATS on being pregnant!!! *happy dance* Man, I miss y'all!!!