Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My hanging(?) garden

I thought I would try planting a tomato in a hanging basket. I hung the basket on the garage. It should work. Tomato plants are just sprawling vines unless you tie them up. They should be just fine hanging down, right?

If this works, I've got plenty-o-space for more.

Any suggestions for low light/shade plants to hang in baskets from under my back porch? Do spider plants thrive here in the great state of Texas?

I feel like I need to try something new. I've had success with the things I've been growing in containers so far. Lettuce, spinach, potatoes, onions, garlic...time to try the flowers. Hibiscus plants are going in all over the yard. I'm trying to talk Bryce into an orange, lemon, and fig tree.

Just thought I'd indulge my crazy and see if any of the three of you who read this had any pointers for my gardening.

1 comment:

MandM said...

Ask my mom silly!