Monday, March 2, 2009

While driving today....

I was on my way home this evening when I get behind this large white truck at a stop light. By how far back we were, I knew it was probably going to be a two light wait. No problem.

There were three boys in the back. They were all young. I would guess between 7 and 11.

The back window on the truck was opened. I noticed them turning around and smiling and then ducking their heads back in the truck. Still, no problem. I thought, "Cute. They are looking at Elias." Because Elias was smiling and then turning away and then looking to see if they were still looking.

Then I noticed the light turned green. Hooray! That much closer to home!

The little monsters started flipping me the bird! Seven to 11 year old cherubs were giving me the finger. I scowled at them and shook my head no with my mean teacher face.

Their dad ran a red light to get through the intersection. Good thing too, I was already getting ready to lean out my window and say something motherish like: Gentlemen, that is not appropriate!

I was left to be grouchy and have to be the first person in line to wait for the next light.

For the rest of the way home, I was thankful knowing that Elias and any other spawn of mine will never do anything so crude...or they will be beaten.

1 comment:

Melynda said...

"Gentlemen, that is not appropriate."--what a great quote! That made me laugh out loud!