Sunday, March 22, 2009

Not for the easily grossed out--but totally funny.

Elias usually sleeps until almost 9 and then talks to himself for a little while longer. I have discovered that he likes to have a few minutes to wake up. Which is all sorts of wonderful to me.

This morning he woke up and started crying. This means one of two things: he isn't ready to be awake, is hungry, and hasn't found the remains of his bottle OR he has a dirty diaper.

I let him cry for a few minutes, hoping he was just hungry and hadn't found his bottle.

No such luck.

I finally went in, satisfied that he wasn't just hungry, to smell the damage. It was awful.

He was standing up in his crib and pointing down and being a malcontent. As I got closer I saw that his diaper was half off and there was a poop-cake in the general direction of his points.

I realized what happened. This morning when I went in to give him his middle-of-the-morning bottle, I also changed him. That way he isn't completely soaked, or leaking, by morning.

Last night his diaper was on weird to begin with, and he had leaked all over his pants and sheets. I removed his pants and didn't put them back on. His room is warm enough to do that. Then I put on his diaper. In the dark. While I was half asleep.

He likes to play with the tabs, and he does not like to be dirty. I think he started pulling on the tabs when he had his BM this morning and that grossed him out even more. And grossed me out even more.

2 comments:

MandM said...

Ha. A boy that doesn't like to be dirty.

lizard said...

That is so awesome. I love that he cried and pointed at it. The picture in my head is so cute!